Want to build the future of the Internet? Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more of our work and play moves to the cloud, we are materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned open source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We are a distributed and growing team, and you will find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
- 8+ years of relevant development experience
- Proficiency in writing production-quality code, preferably in NodeJS or Golang
- Proven ability to create highly interactive and engaging web applications
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Deep understanding of all things “cloud infrastructure” - container-based architectures, optimization, scalability, deployment, and monitoring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit - you're driven to push features that push the envelope
- You want to help build a massive company
- You feel comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Notable open source contributions, preferably in GitHub
- Comfortable working in Linux, with experience troubleshooting blackbox systems
- Familiarity with React, Angular or EmberJS
- Database (SQL / NoSQL)
- Typescript or Typesafe language experience
- Developer Operations experience
- Experience with distributed microservice architecture
- Build systems such as; webpack, parcel or rollup
- Expert command of CSS and HTML for accessibility and semantics
- Experience in building on decentralized public ledgers (Blockchain)
- Ability to work on infrastructure, data storage, micro service api delivery, and front end user presentation
- Experience with serverless technologies, continuous integration and continuous delivery