IT Associate Project Manager
Springs Window Fashions is a leader in the custom window treatment industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our custom window treatments are available under the Bali, Graber, Sunsetter and Mecho brands in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings.
Our company has invested heavily building capabilities the last three years to become a leader in product innovation. As North America’s premier window covering company, we’re committed to creating a “Best Experience” for our consumers, channel partners and associates.
We are bringing new innovations to the market at an accelerating pace and have a lot to offer consumers who want to improve their home décor. Despite COVID, our company is experiencing high growth as consumers spend more time at home and want to redecorate.
The IT Associate Project Administrator will assist with various critical IT projects focusing on the delivery of products and tools for our organization. The candidate will be thorough, technical, and collaborative. The candidate will work with subject matter experts, business analysts, customers, developers, testers and internal business leaders to deliver solutions. The IT Associate Project Administrator will be responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of moderately complex to medium-to-large-scale Information Technology projects that span two or more organizational boundaries.
- Help manage (plan, monitor, and control) multiple projects across the IT Project team utilizing both agile and waterfall project methodologies. Focus will be on milestones/deadlines, deliverables, budgets, resources, and key stakeholder relationships
- Work with team to define project scope and objectives. Must have an understanding of IT project lifecycle and application of industry standard project methodologies.
- Support management of cross-functional strategic projects of high complexity and visibility within the organization.
- Experience in status reporting and management of expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
- Contribute to process improvements to established project development processes.
- Utilize common project management methods to help ensure project delivery.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solution of problems.
- Ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project
- Assist to translate customer business objectives into tactical plans and strategies
- Maintain budget and quality standards and manage deliverables
- Ensure documentation is maintained as the project is changed or refined over time, and communicate project status to end-users
Integrates quality at the source thinking and activities in daily, individual, team and project work.
- Utilizes quality/process tools and methodology in daily individual work and on teams
- Defines and documents individual processes within sphere of control
- Improves processes within sphere of control
- Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
- Checks satisfaction of internal customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 3-5+ years of project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PPT, Visio, expeirience with Microsoft Project server preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with business and IT subject matter experts.
- Experience working as a liaison between IT and business end users a plus.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions a plus but not required.
- Must have a high degree of independence, this position is responsible for supporting thorough, high quality deliverables utilizing best practices project management tools and methodologies to ensure on-time on-budget delivery along with production system stability.
- Exposure to project management best practices
- Issue resolution facilitation
- Ability to proactively monitor and communicate for timely escalation of issues
- Understanding of IT department data metrics requirements (such as time recording and project tracking)
- Must have a basic understanding of the business process flow.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking – Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement