Ampere is looking for a talented engineer to work as a Field Applications Engineer (FAE)/ Solutions Engineer with special emphasis on some of the largest Cloud services provider in the world, also with a focus on customers headquartered in Seattle. They will also work with the customers to respond to RFPs, optimize workloads to Ampere server architecture and drive new server opportunities through evaluation, proof of concept and production phases.
This candidate will be part of the Sales team responsible for all aspects of technical engagements required to support sales and account objectives. This position requires the FAE to have a broad technical understanding of server CPUs, platform architecture and the software ecosystem required to evaluate and optimize applications that run at the node, rack and datacenter scale. The position requires specialized knowledge of server, storage and networking software environments including Windows and Linux Operating systems, Hypervisors, compilers, benchmarks, and targeted applications that may be used to validate server platforms for the Hyperscale market
- Provide technical assistance to business development, sales personnel, and end-customers in the evaluation, design and development of Ampere-based server and/or data center solutions
- Partner with sales in determining possible application of Ampere-based products and solutions to meet customer requirements
- Perform technical presentations, training and updates for customers, partners and prospects
- Assist with the solution development/architectural design to meet specific customer needs
- Analyze customer product solutions and evaluate product performance based on market requirements
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions and work with internal teams to provide competitive responses where needed
- Install and test solutions in-house, as required, to ensure successful deployments and evaluations
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to customer development and software teams
- Lead the pre sales and post sales technical engagements with the customer. This involves working in a cross functional organization to find subject matter experts to solve customer problems
- Other related duties as assigned
- Requires knowledge in one or more of the following areas: CPU and server system architecture, cloud server benchmarks.
- Candidate should have performance, profiling and tuning experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex problems involving multi-disciplined, cross-functional teams
- Must be well versed in server software ecosystem including Windows and Linux OS/Hypervisors, Compilers, Libraries, debug and profiling tools.
- Hands-on experience with Windows OS on ARM64 including Hyper-V virtualization and debugging Windows with windbg is a big plus
- Experience using the JTAG debuggers, PCIe Protocol Analyzers and IXIA Traffic Generators
- Ideally has had on site access at large hyperscale customers in the past
- Must demonstrate deep understanding of server hardware infrastructure including node and rack level storage (NVME, SATA) and Network infrastructure (GBE, EDR/HDR InfiniBand).
- Hands on experience in the setup and configuration of server systems including software, networking and storage infrastructure..
- The preferred candidate should have a very good working knowledge of key workloads that are used to evaluate servers for hyperscale and webscale
- This position requires an individual with excellent organizational and communication skills with a good balance of hardware, architecture and software expertise.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate both the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. They must also demonstrate good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong internal (Sales, Marketing, Engineering) and external (OEM) relationships are required and the candidate must demonstrate a history of success in developing and maintaining technical relationships.
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills and superior written and oral communication skills
- Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (racking hardware)
- Minimum BS with 12+ years of experience, or advanced degree with 10+ years of experience. The Degree should be technology related bachelor's degree or other technical discipline (e.g. Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.
Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power and performance, delivering results that matter most.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.