- Our Software Platform Application Engineer will be a part of the Ampere Product team tasked with supporting customers in enabling and accelerating their designs.
- Provide software engineering services to customers using Ampere Computing’s 64-bit ARMv8 processors, including bring-up support, software development/customization, driver porting, performance tuning, and system debugging, primarily focusing on UEFI, open source and customized Linux, Windows OS on ARM64.
- Develop a system bring-up and debug plan to facilitate smooth bring-up
- Resolve compatibility and platform firmware and software problems. Perform analysis of reported failures and address implementation issues.
- Customer code review or consultation. If needed, develop sample code to demonstrate feature implementation
- Performing competitive performance benchmarking for different Server workloads
- Develop customer demos showcasing key product features and value proposition
- Educate and support customers in using Ampere Evaluation Platform BSPs
- Travel to customer sites to support platform bring-up and production line contingencies when required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Windows driver development
- Hands-on experience with Windows OS on ARM64 including Hyper-V virtualization and debugging Windows with windbg is a big plus
- Experience in bring-up support, software customization, driver porting, performance tuning, and system debugging.
- Knowledge of Server software/hardware interdependencies
- Programming experience to include C/C++, Java and at least one scripting language (Python, TCL or Shell script)
- Experience using the JTAG debuggers, PCIe Protocol Analyzers and IXIA Traffic Generators
- Customer-First attitude and passion for solving key problems
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Perks in Santa Clara
- Office has panoramic views of Silicon Valley
- Garage parking
- Gym and café on campus
- Healthy snacks, espresso and drinks
- Standing / Ergo friendly desk set-up
- Ping Pong / Game room
- Unlimited Flextime and 10+ paid holidays
Ampere is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.
Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power and performance, delivering results that matter most.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.