Facebook is seeking a Director of Hardware Quality Engineering to lead a team responsible for developing and implementing world class manufacturing and quality processes to deliver the hardware infrastructure that supports Facebook’s overall mission to make the world more open and connected. The ideal person in this role will have a unique blend of real-world Manufacturing experience in an outsourced hardware product model, practical skills, as well as large-scale product and project experience that will enable them to be equally impactful in strategic initiatives and tactical projects. Product coverage includes hardware products in our storage, compute, networking, data center and advanced connection technology spaces, such as optics. If you like small, agile, highly empowered teams, working in a high-energy chaotic environment, and have an appetite for technology, then this is the work you want to lead!
Director, Hardware Quality Engineering Responsibilities
- Lead a team responsible for a comprehensive set of engineering support provided to our ODM throughout the life cycle of hardware products in support of Manufacturing and Product Quality. These services include operating a quality management system across our large and global ODM and OEM supply base and enabling launch, ramp, sustaining and product end-of-life activities.
- Responsible for supporting assurance of line and factory capacity, field and in process quality and yield, coordinating quality management activities and mitigation activities between manufacturing sites and our global Data Centers, and transformational process improvements in partnership with our ODMs.
- Lead an advanced data analytics team responsible for developing the next generation of data analytics and visualization platforms for manufacturing and quality data to support the digitization of workflows at Facebook.
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering, Technical Program Management, Global Supply Chain Operations and our ODM design/manufacturing partners to ensure all products under development are delivered on schedule and meet quality and reliability targets.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a world-class team of Hardware Quality Engineers who are recognized subject matter experts and have experience in manufacturing hyper scale infrastructure.