Facebook is seeking a versatile and passionate Hardware Systems Engineer to join our Compute Hardware team. Our mission is backed by a massive hardware infrastructure. Our computational challenges are big, complex, and consistently evolving. Your work has the potential to shape the compute hardware going into our cutting-edge data centers affecting billions of users.
Hardware Systems Engineer, Compute Responsibilities
- Work with technology-strategy, hardware performance, technical program management, and sourcing teams to determine Facebook's computation needs and define system problems.
- Understand workload and operation requirements, system performance and power analysis, solution options, and generate compute system technical requirements
- ensure the design is flexible, and scalable across the SW/FW/HW stack.
- Build prototype for proof of concept, to quickly explore variety of options with good understanding of both technical and business impact, and demonstrate effective collaborations with cross functional partners and stakeholders.
- Fully responsible for delivering hardware system products to desired functional/operational state and towards deployments, by working closely with external vendors and internal SMEs.
- Collaborate with and influence external partners and open source communities to accelerate innovations, and create options for FB infrastructure.